Originally Posted by MontanaMan
So what do you think is the BEST, from a functionality & personal preference standpoint.

So .. I've wanted to like 1911s but I've had trouble shooting them well. Mostly the grip shape is too square, too long, too thin, and the recoil for me is mostly flipping the muzzle to the right a lot and only up a little. The double-stacks are too big for my hand and still too square. The one exception seems to be the Kimber ProCarry. Seems like the grips are just that hair thicker that I need without being too much .. a balance point, in other words.

A few years back .. ok, more than a few .. I was back in Colorado for my daughter's college graduation and we met up with some online friends of mine. After lunch we headed for the range. One of the guys had that Kimber. I didn't really even care to shoot it thinking I knew what would happen, but I got talked into it. I did slow fire at about 5 yards on some plates. Bang, first fell, bang, second fell, a little quicker bang, third fell, and then something "switched on", there were lots of booms and clanks and all the brass was in the air and all the plates were falling. Wow. I didn't know I could do that. I don't have much practical use for a semi-auto handgun, or haven't till this political crap started, but that Kimber Pro Carry fits me.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...