Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by local_dirt

]

Had one in stainless, too. Nice gun. But, kept the Armory Kote.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I actually like the stainless TRP's the better than the Armory Kote versions............just my preference in those 2 models.

MM

I traded off a Sig ultra compact for a SA loaded in stainless end of last year. Its kind of a poor mans TRP. This particular example was almost new and wouldn't work at all. The full length guide rod was binding in the spring plug and the glued in ejector was broke. I've since installed a regular spring guide and EGW ejector. TR sear fit for a decent trigger and it shoots great. No checkering on front strap so it may be my first attempt at that or maybe stippling.
I'd rather have a broke SA or Colt than that aggravating Sig, it never was reliable on extraction, sent it back to them once and it came back worse. I finally ordered a extractor and spring from EGW and fitted a square bottom firing pin stop and it worked but at that point I had no faith in it. It also broke the spring plug in the first 50 rds due to coil bind in recoil spring. They sent me another and I cut a coil off the spring fixing that issue. When I walked out the door with the slightly messed up SA and $500 I felt like I'd screwed the guy even after telling him the whole story. He said he would sell it inside of a week and did so he told me later. I guess we both came out winning on that deal.
Having pissed away all that bandwidth, to answer the OP, my favorite is a Colt series 80 combat elite. Kart barrel, Harrison fire control parts and fitted EGW grip safety. Old Bomar rib on top. Great fun and easy on my arthritic thumbs. I have guns that cost a lot more but I'd sell them first if I had too.