Here's my late 1990s, Armory Kote (black Teflon), TRP. This was back when Springfield actually custom tuned each and every TRP before they left the factory. Excellent handgun. Never a single malfunction. Sweet trigger.

[Linked Image]

When I got this, you had to actually contact Springfield Armory, speak to an agent, and custom order them, then wait several weeks or months (can't recall how long I had to wait) for delivery to your FFL. As I recall, the price was $1,200.00 then. They were semi-custom at that time, and there was a waiting list. Not sure to what extent the current ones are still considered semi-custom.

When I ordered this, I don't even think they had the FBI contract yet for the hand-built versions they produced for them, but I could be mistaken. At any rate, I heard nothing at all about a fully custom version being made for the FBI till a couple years after I got my TRP.

It was actually my EDC for a few years, back in the middle 2,000s. Despite being daily carried for that long in a leather holster, and deholstered/reholstered several times a day, you can see it still has almost all its original Armory Kote finish. Very tough treatment.

The Novak night sights it came with are essentially dead now, and need replacing (or just to have the Tritium tubes switched out with fresh ones).