I currently only have one 280AI, three 280’s and two 7mm RM’s.
In general I am more interested in accuracy than top velocity. One of my 7mm RM’s is a Ruger, it’s fine for 120 - 162 grain bullets, but my 700 is more accurate with many combinations, including 168 ABLR bullets.
I really have not played with this AI to know it’s preferences. My stock Remington 700 280 is another that is so accurate that I’m not sure why I have the others.
The 280AI is on a blue printed 700 action with a quality fast twist 26” heavy varmint barrel - I am hoping with some low drag bullets I might be able to get prairie dogs at 1/2 mile with high percentage of hits.
I opened this thread hoping to get good long range low drag loads. But it seems to be more of a pissing contest. “My cartridge is better than your cartridge.“
I like all three cartridges,
To get the same velocity out of a smaller capacity case you normally have to have a higher peak pressure load. I could care less if a shooter loads his cartridge “A” hot enough to equal cartridge “B”.

What I’d like to see is 280AI loads with ~ 175 +/- grain low drag bullets.

My two cents...

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally