I have no history with which to form an opinion of how this rifle responds to other 'book' loads.... so I'll ask another question or two.

Say you reached book max (64ish grains?) and velocity was 2875... you saw no signs of pressure at all, and everything looked normal. Would you add a half-grain and clock it? Now it's 2930... nothing funny, brass looks/measures the same. Another half-grain?

I would refer to other loads in the same rifle. If they too show a propensity for retarded velocity with book loads... I'd up the ante and 'assume' I'm in the same neighborhood as the 'book'. If other loads got book velocity with book loads.... I'd maybe write off the powder and look elsewhere.

What I'm asking you is.... how do you decide when enough is enough? The book load.... the velocity.... the 'pressure' as interpreted by your experience and the advice of others?

Pressure trace will be cool indeed... and I'm sure will open eyes. Most of us knuckle draggers will never enter this realm however... I'll just have to rely on my brass to tell me when I'm leaning a little on the east end of the powder measure.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......