The real real question is: How does ANYBODY have any idea? You and I both know that every rifle barrel is different... they tell you as much in your "reloading manuals". So, how close are they? 2%.... 4%.... 15%? I'll trust my eyes, ears, and the empirical evidence before I trust the data shot in ONE BARREL as gospel. You gotta use your coconut.... even within 'book data', cause you ain't shooting their barrel.

You are, however, correct. Once you leave book data, you're on your own.... so yeah, I don't really KNOW.

I do know:

A. I've actually seen 7 Mag shot in the Nosler Ballistic Lab at 65K PSI out of the same barrel they shot the book data with.... with my own eyes. You can add about 100-150fps across the board... even Steven... in the same lab... with the same f'n barrel.

B. I've actually rolled around a few 7 mags... as have you... and have determined a comfortable operating range for a variety of pills.

Last.... but not least.... I find it a bit interesting that your arguing SAAMI data for a cartridge that is probably the biggest whore in the entire Wildcat Ranch. There have got to be more different .280 AI chambers floating around than all the rest of POs finest combined.

In a pure SAAMI world though... the .280AI can tickle the 7RMs arse....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......