Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It showed a mildly resistive subject, an officers who could have put a better effort into deescalating and calming the subject.

Ever try and reason with a multi convicted violent felon high on large doses of meth and fentanyl?

I can't say that I have. I can say that I have had a few of the pleading (several even crying) types like that and have been able to calm them to some degree with a modicum of effort. There's really not much to lose in trying, particularly not after they are in cuffs. I know what would reflect more favorably on the officer at this point. Juries can arrive at emotional rather than logical conclusions.

The longer you're on the street in the inner city the higher chance of a violent and unruly crowd forming during an arrest and then a SHTF scenario. That just a fact you have to consider in these situations. Again totality of the circumstances. If Floyd was 5 2" old lady with no violent criminal history I would agree with you.Floyd was a very seasoned violent felon and was physically big and powerful and high on drugs which results in erratic violent behavior and sometimes super human strength and no pain response.

Pretty easy to armchair qb this from the comfy white suburbs though. And the narrative all along was that Floyd never resisted arrest. Im not justifying the long term knee on the neck but this will affect the court outcome.

Last edited by ribka; 08/03/20.