Originally Posted by AH64guy
MCH - why these?

You've been a hardcore fixed blader as long as I have known you - what's different on these that has your attention?

I am intrigued by the the ability to switch between fixed and mech blades - that has some good value for multi-state hunts.

First and most important to me is it is a cut on contact!

Second is the blades are the only moving part and are positively locked by a shear pin for lack of a better term. They can not open inflight.

Third the Farrell is a solid piece no moving parts except for the two blades.

"IF" there were to be some sort of failure to deploy the two blades you still have a small fixed COC head that will drive through the target. Not ideal but at least a 3/4" cut.

I tested them on plywood, phone books, and a cow shoulder with skin on. They have performed time and time again flawlessly for me. They have worked with my Release bow, Fingers bow, and my Recurve. They have performed perfectly across the board. From 310FPS down to 180FPS.

I DO NOT, I repeat I DO NOT ADVOCATE use with traditional bows.

I merely wanted to see if I could get it to fail.

I can say I am confident in recommending the Hyde's for hunting with compound bows. I will also say I have absolutely no affiliation with Evolution Outdoors. I bought all the heads I own, But I believe in celebrating companies that bring great products to the market. In my opinion Evolution Outdoors hit a Grand slam with the Hyde's.

Last incase anyone ask or is curious No I have not tested or used the Jekyll heads. I have fixed blade heads that work already.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 08/04/20.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.