Guess I tend to get leery, if archers are overlooking No.4 of 1 thru 12. Question did they take in to consideration 1 through 3 much less 5 thru 12. Not saying we need to follow all 12 factors to a T to accomplish the task at hand in North America. Yet most guys do not get many opportunities to make it out in a season. So when they do, Ill encourage us to put some real forethought in to the task. We ow it to ourselves as well as the game we hunt.

Strive to make a good shot all of the time.

While accepting things are not going to go to plan all of the time.

While me and my 30 inch draw have a very good success rate over the past 15 years while shooting mechanicals most of that time. I also shot a 500ish grain arrow most of that time.

Last season I again had a very short blood trail while things went not exactly to plan. That one scared me to tell the truth. I was hunting with my then 9 year old son in a stand for the first time. 25 yard shot & like I have never seen B4, the deer dropped on the spot with a scalupula / Brachial plexus shot. The deer struggled to get up while bleeding out & a follow up shot finished the job a little quicker.

When I dressed the deer out I was disappointed to see the BH never even touched the opposite shoulder. In this case a light over all arrow weight was the primary factor in my mind why the penetration was less than optimum. End results were arguably stellar that time with an easy recovery. Still Ill strive for full through and through penetration.

Suppose I suspected my 30" draw length was going to allow me to get by with a lesser arrow weight. My bad.

This season Ill be perhaps going a lot overboard with a heavier arrow and perhaps a 2 blade single bevel BH. Perhaps Ill share this years results as well for better or worse.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19