Originally Posted by Hunterapp
So the Ashby "Crap" does not apply at any level to North American big game you say. While it may be a bit over kill I beg to differ as my experience leads me down a successful path due more to momentum COC FOC & I have been fortunate enough to put together a system with structural integrity. 280fps is nice though not for the individual pulling a 24" DL & shorter. Momentum B4 Velocity in my book & same goes for mechanical advantage over cut diameter. Just seen & read about too many lost critters where penetration was dismal for a variety of reasons.

IMHO reasons that top the list include inadequate Inertia due to insufficient mass & poor BH for the system utilized. Guys with 31" draw length have more options than the shorter draw length guys or the traditional archers is all I am saying.

Again...you do you. Just sick of seeing everyone bash on folks because they arent launching super heavy high foc arrows. Im a 27" draw. My arrows range from 375grns with 8% foc to 420grns with 14-15% foc. I run fixed blades and mech heads. Havent found a whitetail or hog able to hang onto one. Ive also outgrown the old wives tale of short bh bows in todays times being hard to shoot and not accurate. So yeah i enjoy speeds of over 300fps. And at 50 yds which is my self given max on game(although ive never taken a shot past 40) i can keep my groups nice and tight. Im a tech with 20+ yrs and know how to keep my equipment perfectly tuned.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff