Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Wow frown Glad this worked for you, Though I will be shying away from this one due to little near no mechanical advantage if no other reason.

Proof is in the pudding, nice bull and no tracking. What mechanical advantage do you speak of compared to other mechanical heads?

The mechanical advantage I am referring to may apply to a fixed blade or a mechanical head. Dr Ashby suggest the optimum blade angle for maximum penetration will be a three tone mechanical advantage. If the cut diameter = 1" then the length of the cutting edge would be 3" for example. Very few broad heads offer the 3 to 1 mechanical advantage. Two to one may be more common. In this cace we are looking at what I would call .12 to one. Notice the decimal point.

Ashby has been around a long time & more recent years I expect he has seen a number of wheel share ramps. He uses the wheel share ramp to illustrate the concept of mechanical advantage. This is A bit more extreme to be sure. Ever see a 1 to 1 wheel share ramp? Id dare say no. Why? Mechanical advantage, lot easier to climb a 20 to 1 ramp than a 2 to 1 ramp for example. If this was not so then wheel share ramps surly would be a lot shorter. Wouldn't you say? Lot less space & material required for a 2 to 1 ramp as opposed to a 20 to 1 ramp, to be sure!

Looks to me like the mechanical blades on this head are more like a ax as opposed to a broad head. No thank you! See factor number four in the link below.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...19+Terminal+Arrow+Performance+Update.pdf

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19