Going on 10 years... first my knee went out then lost my balance because I was to vain to use a cane and fell and hurt my back.... back pain makes knee pain seem easy. The first orthopedic surgeon I saw when coming to grips with loss of ability to get around like I want to said, "Don't let the pain define who you are..." I thought about slugging him . Easy for him to say.... Turns out it was pretty good orthopedic psychiatry.

I have had some success ignoring it.... try to focus on stuff I still can do.... some days are better than others and I try to make the best of those.... Swimming has done more for pain management than anything else.... up until COVID hit and the pool closed.... that has sucked.

I had developed a group of "pool buddies" that I talked to hanging out in the whirl pool. It is good for me to visit with others who have some kind of medical thing going on but understand you can't just take a pill and be all better. Diet exercise and attitude are 3 things we do have some control over. I miss my pool buddies.

My guess is that there are several of us here getting a bit long in the tooth and dealing with pain/mobility issues. I'd much prefer to talk about dealing with there "challenges" soaking in a turbo charged whirl pool... but thanks for starting this thread.

Please don't feed the trolls!