I also have ankylosing spondylitis, diagnosed with it in '81 when I was 23yrs old. Also have scoliosis which worsens the AS. Combine that with congestive heart failure with first pacer in '95 @ 39yr old. Prosthetic mitral valve @ 41 which I have to be on warfarin for. Then a bad stroke Jan of '15 5 days after new pacer/defib implant. With all the heart issues and blood thinner there are many meds I cannot take or procedures they cannot do. Been on/off opiates since '97 or so. Took 3 10mg of oxy yesterday because things were so bad. Disk between L2-L3 I guess pretty much gone and pinching sciatic nerve into right leg. So left leg numb and foot just feels like I am dragging a mass around. Right butt cheek and back of thigh and calf hurt like hell some days with constant (4-5on pain scale) pain 24/7. Least I guess I am one of the few who has not become addicted to opiates according to Doc. Many days I just take Tramadol and get by.

All I know is after 40yrs+ of pain and no real fix anymore for anything I am waiting for my creator to visit. Hardly can sleep and mentally is a challenge every day!!!! Wished I could remember when I had no pain but cannot, been at least 20yrs I know.