The Right to Bear Arms means the Right to BEAR ARMS.

The concealed-carry-only snobs (and they are very snobbish and elitist) often cry "you'll be the first one shot!!!", and "somebody will just steal your gun!!!", which really grates my nerves. Now, before any of you try to show examples, there ARE instances of people having their guns stolen from them (nobody "shot first" yet, that I am aware of). On another message board, someone posted a list of news stories of people who were supposedly open carrying and had their guns stolen. It was several, I don't remember how many it was. Still, not exactly an overwhelming number. I read them all. A few were cops, struggling with a suspect.. not exactly relevant. About half were concealed carriers who let their guns show in some way, and weren't paying attention to the world around them and generally doing stupid schitt, and the rest were actual open carriers... who weren't paying attention to the world around them and generally doing stupid schitt. THIS is the problem. It goes way beyond "situational awareness". So many people are utterly oblivious to what should be very obvious dangers around them. Dangerous places, and dangerous people.

I am all for open carry. But I see people with a pistol in a concealed type holster.. open top, no retention strap of any kind. And invariably, they will wear it on their right side BEHIND THEIR BACK, at about the 4:00 position. AAAAGH! Any jackass can walk right up and yoink the gun away from you, no problem. Drives me crazy.

Last edited by Stophel; 08/11/20.