I respect the opinions of those that think otherwise, but I don’t believe carrying open truly makes you the proverbial target #1 in most self defense cases. Your lack of situational awareness is what makes you the target first and foremost in my opinion. Watch the videos, and a common theme is head in phones, or paying no attention to there surroundings at all. Your a easy target then. We all have lapses in our awareness of surroundings for sure. When I’m at a local country market I can tell I sometimes am not paying enough attention and catch myself with back to the door. Won’t catch me doing that in a city for sure. Wife thinks I’m paranoid. Maybe I am

The odds any of us end up in a self defense situation with a pistol is unlikely at best. You don’t get to chose when it happens though if it does. So I carry all the time when I’m not at work( prohibited at work unfortunately). In doing so I feel that for me personally, and the places I would typically go open carrying, I am better served open carry with shorts and a t shirt that fits comfortably than wear concealed in a baggy shirt.

I also carry a vertex edc pack a lot. With 3 Young kids lots to carry it seems. I found I couldn’t get the pistol out in under 5 seconds with it from my back.Just didn’t work that great at primary carry. I still keep either extra mags or a 2nd pistol in the bag depending on what I’m carrying on body.

I piss a lot of meth heads and pill junkies off at work regularly. So maybe I am a little paranoid.