I have used Leupolds since the mid 70's as a set and forget scope. Only one "failed" when the lenses started separating after each shot. It looked like a fog when they did and cleared up after a few seconds. After the fall moose hunt I sent it in and it came back fixed. I currently have a VX3i 3.5x10x40 with a B&C reticle on my old Featherweight 30-06 and a VXIII 2.5-8x36 with B&C reticle on my little 1640 Husky 30-06. I keep a 1.5-5x20 VX3 with a German #4 in Talley QD rings and it is zeroed for my .338 in case my SHV 3-9x42 fails. The SHV is on my custom .338 and has the Kendal Industries Ballistic tape for dialing if I need to.

Leupold's best features are eye relief, light weight and glass clarity. That and many gun mags featuring them setting on beautiful rifles that were on the cover of magazines for many years. That was a lot of good advertising for them.

I put a SWFA 3-9x42 HD FFP mil mil on a Tikka Superlight in 6.5 Creed, I am not as capable as that scope is, but I am slowly learning the reticles capabilities, which is more then the B&C reticle has to offer.