Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by chefcreed
I agree that the Vortex Viper is a very solid scope for the Money. Holds zero, food glass..Not trying to kick the hornets nest but I don’t quite understand the Vortex hate. They provide a wide range of scopes with features for hunters and shooters in just about every price point. Pretty much kicking Leupolds a$$ in features for most price points. Like my Burris more than Leupold VXII too.

The majority of my hate for them is the name. What in the schidt does a rifle scope have to do with the swirl in a toilet bowl? I bought one for my grandson a few years back because I ran out of time to buy him a good scope. My similarly priced USA made Redfield Revolution kicked its Chinese ass in every way and it doesn't have an entirely idiotic name.

I would wager a cup of coffee that your USA made Redfield Revolution houses Asian glass.

I would even go a little farther and say that most scopes...excluding the expensive Euro made scopes...house Asian glass. Produced in just a handful of facilities, just to different specs.