Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by chefcreed
I agree that the Vortex Viper is a very solid scope for the Money. Holds zero, food glass..Not trying to kick the hornets nest but I don’t quite understand the Vortex hate. They provide a wide range of scopes with features for hunters and shooters in just about every price point. Pretty much kicking Leupolds a$$ in features for most price points. Like my Burris more than Leupold VXII too.

The majority of my hate for them is the name. What in the schidt does a rifle scope have to do with the swirl in a toilet bowl?

I don’t hate Vortex and in fact admire their marketing acumen. Their warranty is great, but as has been stated so many times it has to be used too often. At least in my opinion. I’m talking strictly about Vortex scopes, not binoculars or spotting scopes. To my eyes eye relief and eye box are nothing to write home about from the Viper line down to Crossfire II and I find it especially bad in the Crossfire II. In addition I find the glass lacking in low light clarity. Good light and they are fine.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.