Hey Bob, super green up there right now, but it’s all monsoon grass. We were very dry all spring, so I’d say growth will be a little down this year. great unit, great dates. like someone mentioned same country as the Mescalero, but I believe they only average in the in the 330s. The wilderness is steep. Please don’t take offense, but I’ve got some honest questions. How big is yours and your buddy’s biggest bulls? If you you’re trying to best several 350 bulls or if it’s 370 or nothing, you’re gonna have to pass a bunch and you might be disappointed. Not impossible by any means, but if you have goals then you know what it’ll take to achieve them. Another honest question, and I don’t know y’all from Adam so I can’t say, but can you and your buddy tell the difference between a 330 and a 350? How about a 5 year old and an 8 year old type bull? Again, no offense but I have so many guys show up in camp and say they want a 350 bull but in reality they just heard that number and couldn’t tell the difference between a second year 6x and and 350. You sound like you’ve a good attitude which I promise your guide will appreciate and work hard for. They can’t control antler growth but a good positive attitude will keep them positive, we all want the biggest bulls on the mountain. I’m sure you do, but you should be thankful you drew a tag and are even getting to hunt, as there has been talk our beech of a governor has considered closing the hunting season somehow. Good luck and maybe you’ll kill a bull bigger than your buddy ! Hahaha

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared