It’s all very confusing to me. Elevations, terrain and how rugged the unit can be everyone seems to say the same thing, been working out hard for 4 months biking, running steps, weighted pack hiking, losing weight, down to 175lb at 6’1” and still have two months to continue conditioning that part is within my control to the best of my ability living at 1500”. When you research the unit before and after booking and drawing tag everyone or things read say 350” plus now it’s slowing dropping down to 325”. PABOB is right we booked NM and went for unit 36 based on recommendations and research. It’s hunting I get it nothing is guaranteed and many things factor in that’s all understandable. I guess what the original question was is what is a reasonable expectation for that unit 300”, 325”, 350” etc etc given the elk GODS decide to cooperate and things go well on all levels.

As far as saying who the outfitter is I’m not comfortable with that in this discussion. He did come highly recommended and has been absolutely terrific with correspondence emails and phone conversations his website is the same as all 300” - 400” in area that’s a 100” difference that’s 8’ big swing would I shot a 300” in 36 no I wouldn’t not that unit not with a “once in a life time tag” so everyone is calling it.

Last edited by GusandRip; 08/15/20.