An uncle hunted Mescalaro in the early '90s and killed a great bull. 396" if I remember correctly, just shy of 400". It took "extra" incentive to get on the BIG bull from what he said but that the guides knew where the big ones were.

Fast forward to circa 2010. I drew a tag in 36 and ended up getting a 320/330ish bull with a muzzleloader and was totally pleased. After the hunt, I drove over to the Mescalaro and went through the hunting museum. On the way over, I saw a bull off the highway bedded down that was a 370-80 class animal. Very cool to see. The museum was dated a bit but well worth seeing the mounts and such. There was a full mounted 6x6 that was absolutely stunning. Running down a hill, head tilted back, and bulging. An absolute beast of a bull. I reccomend to all if you are in the area to stop by and check it out.

The photos of the bulls that had just been shot were interesting. My public land bull was larger than 80%. Their hunts were $16K plus everything else then. There were a couple of bulls over 360 bur not many. I think they have big ones but they get pricey.