Originally Posted by Zrack656
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Zrack656
Where I hunt it might be several miles back to the road/truck. I want to get rid of the weight. Gut it where it falls.

You drag critters (sometimes) several miles? That's got to get frustrating.

No kidding. It can take a long time. Also can make the hide look like crap, With no snow it can get rubbed pretty bad. If I am with someone and it is not too rough we sometimes use a pole and tie the feet around it carrying it on our shoulders. Just like the crazy old cartoons. I know it sounds funny but is alot easier than a long drag. Does get rough on the top of your shoulder though.

I used to do the big drag , but the campfire taught me I could do the gutless method and get the quarters, backstraps , tenderloions, rib meat off a deer in about 30-40 minutes and its a lot easier to tote out the meat and head in a backpack than drag or carry a gutted carcus.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge