Originally Posted by Judman
And they extended it through September...

September 21.

Originally Posted by yukon254
CBC just ran a piece that says we are looking at midsummer of 21 before the border will open. Wont be many hunting or fishing outfits left in business by then.

I agree with Dwayne. This is the worst fiasco thats happened in my lifetime. Not only are we being put out of business by the mess they have made with covid, but now we have FN issues coming out of our ears. They are trying to stop hunting/fishing in every corner of the north it seems. Just today the Liard First Nation ran an add in the paper saying they were banning all non native hunting in their traditional territory. This isn't legal and they in fact cant stop anyone but who wants the hassle. You would have to be crazy to get into the outfitting business in Canada now. In fact most of the outfits I know are looking at the best way to get out while their investment still has some value.

The fact is that it will never get back to what it was before covid. Just the rescheduling alone is going to take years to straighten out, and prices are going to go way up. No way around that.

For what reason did they justify their speculation that the border won't open until mid 2021?