As I understand it Canada invoked its Quarantine Act and under that legislation it has to be renewed every 30 days.

I don’t talk politics with my American friends—many of whom hate Trump and many of whom love him. They all assume that I think the same way they do. I know it’s dishonest but I just let them think whatever. I don’t like to argue.

I seem to have to answer a lot of questions about how our Parlimintary System works and most Americans can’t seem to get their head around the fact that we don’t vote personally for the Prime Minister. I really have no idea how Roberts Rules of Order work so I generally explain to people that I’m just a peckerwood who lives in the bush with too many guns.

I heard something interesting from a Canadian friend who claimed that no Politician in Canada could come out in favour of opening the border—because its something like 80% of the population is in favour of keeping the border closed. An American friend told me that there will be no push to open the border until after the election—he said if one Covid case came in from Canada it would be all Trumps Fault.

Locally we have had one of our nicest Summers in a long time—calm weather—just enough rain and great fishing—just wish I could share it with my usual American buddies.