Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by slumlord
Does it get bitter cold there? Why do you need a blind?

It can get real cold, wet and windy in Texas but I just don't want want be uncomfortable at age 77. I used to tough it out when I was younger but don't see any point in it now. When was a young kid and hunted deer with my grandfather he's just find a good tree and climb up in it. Then I'd climb up and we'd sit on a limb for hours. I have no memory of being cold or hot when was young.

Same here. I've sat on a limb till my azz was so numb that I couldn't feel it. Had so many clothes on trying to stay warm, that I couldn't move. Been so wet that I probably could have squeezed several gallons of water out of my hide. Had to back then if I wanted a shot at a deer. Don't have to now, and I fully enjoy my hunting blind........6 foot by 6 foot, on a wagon, insulated, heated, and my old office chair in there. I can move it where I want it, and the deer don't care, as we killed 4 nice bucks out of it last year. If they're using the other side of the farm, then I'll go sit in my 4 X 6 house that's sitting up 10 foot high. It's a nice comfortable place too.

As for windows, I made my own out of plexiglass. Made them to slide, and they work great.

I have built about three, but not for cold or wind. Only just something with a roof to hunt during the rain.

Problem with those, 2 spots we burned out after only a couple of hunts. Deer either shifted trails to/from natural food sources or busted me, then it would be a nothing spot.

I think I have had some other people hunting my blind while at was at that thing called a JOB. Find candy wrappers and cig butts. Putting extra burnout time and conditioning to the deer to avoid that spot altogether.