Originally Posted by fburgtx
Deerview are fine. I’ve dealt with them twice. Once went pretty fast, another time, took a few weeks. Half the deer hunters in Texas sre building blinds right now, to put up Labor Day weekend, so they’ll be ready come opening in November. Now is not a good time to expect “quick shipment” on supplies such as these.

For the guys who want to bitsch and rag on “Texas deer hunting”, well, congratulations. You can hunt your public spot in another state, with 30 other guys, dressed in blaze orange, for your 2 week deer season that’s regulated more than a pharmaceutical production facility, praying you don’t get shot by some idiot. We can sit under a tree when we archery hunt, turkey hunt, or squirrel hunt.

No, it’s not like elk hunting out west, but it’s what we got and what we do, and if you don’t like it, feel free to take the dick-measuring contest over to the optics forum et al and brag about your manhood and extravagant financial expenditures at length.

I enjoy slipping around still hunting after a rain with my pistol deer hunting. But I'd much rather sit in one of our 20+ box stands over looking feeders and green fields. I went to Wisconsin for opening day of rifle season.....once. I counted over 150 shots seen 20+ hunters and killed a couple of bucks in a thick tamarack swamp, every single hunter walked around the swamp I was sitting in. I called my cousins and asked them to please bring me some more orange. I know wearing a orange vest doesn't work because a Yankee from Pennsylvania opened fired on a group of elk that was coming straight to me. I did end up killing two young 5 X 5's out of the herd and beat the Yankees azz when he said he saw me in his scope before he started shooting. Wallace guide service in Colburn Colorado almost got me killed,

Life is good live it while you can.