Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by slumlord
Does it get bitter cold there? Why do you need a blind?

It can get real cold, wet and windy in Texas but I just don't want want be uncomfortable at age 77. I used to tough it out when I was younger but don't see any point in it now. When was a young kid and hunted deer with my grandfather he's just find a good tree and climb up in it. Then I'd climb up and we'd sit on a limb for hours. I have no memory of being cold or hot when was young.

Same here. I've sat on a limb till my azz was so numb that I couldn't feel it. Had so many clothes on trying to stay warm, that I couldn't move. Been so wet that I probably could have squeezed several gallons of water out of my hide. Had to back then if I wanted a shot at a deer. Don't have to now, and I fully enjoy my hunting blind........6 foot by 6 foot, on a wagon, insulated, heated, and my old office chair in there. I can move it where I want it, and the deer don't care, as we killed 4 nice bucks out of it last year. If they're using the other side of the farm, then I'll go sit in my 4 X 6 house that's sitting up 10 foot high. It's a nice comfortable place too.

As for windows, I made my own out of plexiglass. Made them to slide, and they work great.

I have built about three, but not for cold or wind. Only just something with a roof to hunt during the rain.

Problem with those, 2 spots we burned out after only a couple of hunts. Deer either shifted trails to/from natural food sources or busted me, then it would be a nothing spot.

I think I have had some other people hunting my blind while at was at that thing called a JOB. Find candy wrappers and cig butts. Putting extra burnout time and conditioning to the deer to avoid that spot altogether.

Id be placing some trail cams, Slum one watching the blind and another placed farther away watching the first.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin