The ALCAN can be a beautiful trip especially if you can reference some of the history or take the time to look for wildlife.

JO'C hunted out of Buckinghorse River Country on the benches of Muskwa and Prophet River where the Chadwick Ram was taken.
He also hunted in the Kluane Country with the Jacquot Brothers out of Burwash Landing.

Read Alaska Yukon Trophies Won and Lost before you travel and you'll be amazed at some of these hunting trips the old timers
did prior to the Alcan construction.

I know of no other area in NA with as many diverse species of game as the Toad River Country. Goats, stone sheep, mule deer, whitetails,
moose, caribou, elk, black and grizzly bears are present with woods bison nearby. Hot springs are numerous in that area.

The side trips to Skagway and Atlin are great and always make the loop from Whitehorse to Dawson and to Tok on Top Of The World.

I live at the end of the Alcan and I've driven it several dozen times and never tire of it.

I'd hoped to drive the Eastern portion of the Robert Campbell Highway this year but I'll have to try next year.

And always read Robert Campbell's Yukon.