Originally Posted by Cecil56
I discovered this method years ago by accident. (dumped sugar into the flour container) LOL. Wife asked what I did different, and why the simple fried pork chops were so much better? I don't know, just did them as usual!
Then I tasted them, and she was right, best fried chops I ever made. (still like them on the grill as well) So I did some back tracking and discovered my mistake, that turned out well.

Now for fried chops: I use about 65% flour and 35% sugar for the breading. Add salt, pepper and whatever other pork seasoning you like.

Shake chops in a bag with the breading. Dip in an egg wash and shake them up into the breading mixture again. Makes a nice thick crust on the chops.

Fry in hot oil to your desired choice of done. The sugar in the mixture caramelized on the chops, just takes them up an extra lever!

The pan drippings and crispy left over's make some killer gravy as well.

Just thinking out loud here, but what about a tablespoon or two of maple syrup in the egg wash then dipped back in flour...

Micky

If you guys haven't tried it, Alton Brown has a pork chop brine that is really good. I make mine the night before and put it in the fridge rather than deal with the ice part. Two hours in the brine max for the pork according to Alton. It's one of the few meals I can get all three kids to agree on.

Last edited by micky; 09/03/20.

“Lighten up Francis”