Well, being 82 I've come to the conclusion that the big boomers now reside in the back of the safe. I'll most likely stick to my .35 Whelen if I do another elk hunt but just may have it as the back up rifle and see just what a 7x57 can do. I've been playing quite a bit with that cartridge and like how it treats my shoulder. The big boomers from the .338 Win. Mag up to the .416 Rigby are now officially retired. Maybe I'll put them up for consignment at one of my LGS. I really have to get off the stick and go shoot. I was in a car wreck back on January 2 and the doc won't clear me to go shoot anything bigger than a .22LR. I'm beginning to think he's sandbagging me as he probably doesn't like guns or hunting but keeps his mouth shut. Frankly, I'd drop him but he's a damn good doctor so I kind of put up with him. Besides, his assistant is cuter'n a bug and loves to flirt with this old goat.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE