I have astigmatism. As most people know, astigmatism causes havoc when using non "multiplied" red dots. I would love to use a red dot for the eye relief and eye placement forgiveness when moving but I'm not hitting anything when it looks like a Rorschach inkblot.

I'm struggling with a decision on an AR optic between a prism scope, a low power variable scope, and a red dot with multiplier. I can make an argument for any of those 3 choices. This rifle would be for close in shooting and out to about 100 yards. Regardless of what I choose, it will have iron flip up sights anyway.

Prism scopes offer simplicity, etched glass reticle, glass clarity and possibly magnification. Low power variable scopes probably offer the best glass quality, good close in vision on 1x, etched reticle, magnification and possibly illuminated reticle. The red dot with magnifier offers red dot eye relief and placement forgiveness, clarified dot when used with the magnifier and obviously magnification.

Have you used 2 or more of these options and decided to go with one over the other? Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.