Incidentally, as an addendum to my above post, my CZ .375 "American Safari" came with a fairly slim stock when i bought it new about a decade ago, if overbuilt in the grip area especially. There was no comb and the fore-end had a slim contour compared to all the pics i've seen of this model. I have never been able to find a pic of a late model CZ 550 magnum with the stock mine came with in fact, and i would agree wholeheartedly with those who say the stocks on most of them are way overbuilt. Big, rectangular, clumsy things. So mostly the work i did on the stock was smoothing edges and considerably recontouring/streamlining and reducing the pistol grip.

Most interesting is that i was just looking at pictures of old BRNO .375's that others here have commented were slimmer than the recent CZ's and lo and behold there on some of these 60's guns is the stock that my later model CZ came with, contour-wise. I wonder what was up there? Did they have some old BRNO stocks laying around they wanted to use?

Last edited by gulo; 09/09/20.

From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information.
� Edward Abbey