For hunting here in Alaska all me and my family use is .338's and 30-06's. Bought a Tikka Superlite Creed couple years ago for a grand son to use and it shoots very well. I had the barrel cut to 22 inches and this is a hunting rifle to me and should work ok on any of our Alaskan critters, but don't plan on chasing wounded brown/griz in the alders with it. So far no critters have been killed with it, but see no reason it won't do the job if we do our part.

Put a SWFA 3-9x42 HD mil scope on it so me and the grand kids could learn the mil system and see what all the fuss about twisting turrets for hunting is about. I don't see us using the dialing feature very often, but maybe on a caribou hunt. We rarely need to shoot past 200 yards. The rifle is fun to play with at the range and makes me wish we had a local deer population.

For now I load the 127 grain Barnes LRX in Norma brass, Federal 210 primers and a case full of H4350. All of this is very easy on the shoulder and that Tikka trigger is simple to adjust to a light crisp pull. For the most part I am not a fan of detachable magazines in what I consider a "serious" Alaskan hunting rifle and we did have one magazine issue on a early caribou hunt. Which is why I carry a pair of the 5 round magazines in the field.