Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Others are mentioning Lapua brass. I should say that I've found both Hornady and Nosler 6.5 CM brass to be as consistent as any brass I've ever used.

So many different brands of brass are good. Hornady, starline, and even the sellior and bellot brass has been just fine. No need to over spend on fancy lapua brass. Its not necessary

Always amazes me when people spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on a rifle, scope, dies, etc...maybe even several rifles and scopes....then gripe about the cost of brass or bullets.

Checking Midway for reference--

Starline 6.5CM brass is $0.47 a piece for 50 or $0.45 a piece for 500 which is the cheapest listed.

Hornady is $0.64 a piece for 50...$0.48 if you spring for 250 cases.

Lapua is $1.00 a piece.

If you are a competition shooter going through hundreds of pieces of brass a year...I could understand the concern.

If you are a hunter that MIGHT fire a few hundred shots per year with that specific rifle...then just buy the better brass and enjoy the wonderful consistency and case life that is going to come with it since its going to last you several years anyway. If you get 10 firings on that piece of brass, then the brass only cost you $0.10 per shot anyway.

Like I said, there's no reason to buy Lapua brass for the creedmoor. Starline and other manufactures are good enough. Read the reviews on the Starline 6.5 creedmoor brass and the tests they put it though. There was an article published by rifleshooter, that you may want to read. The author loaded it 15 times without any failure of any kind and it still maintained sub moa accuracy. Here's that article:
Rifleshooter tests Starline 6.5 creedmoor brass

As for me, I have tested the chidt out of it myself and have been very pleased with it. Last year I put 1,300 rounds though one of my creedmoor rifles and then I sold it to a buddy. That rifle is still shooting sub moa 10 shot groups:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
For a POS savage, that rifle shoots pretty good. Oh yeah, I shoot competitively as well. I also don't believe anyone here has bested my MOA all day long challenge score with their 6.5 Creedmoor rifle:

You are more than welcome to try to best my score with your Lapua brass. I don't think it's going to happen though, as there is usually just a lot of talk about how good something is, but no body here is willing to post up proof. One of my creedmoor rifles is hard on brass because it is an auto chucker:

I shoot crappy S&B brass though this rifle mostly because it is hard on brass. S&B works well enough in this rifle:

However, Starline brass works in this AR10 as well:

Now for Hornady brass, I like that chidt too. I will buy the cheap azzed American gunner when it goes on sale. I've bought it for as little as $150.00/case of 200. For factory ammo, it shoots pretty good in most rifles. Here's another one of my creedmoor rifles shooting 10 shot groups:

Guys want to "drink the creedmoor kool-aid" and for good reason. Great factory ammo for the creedmoor and its easy to load for. What I think is wrong is when guys come on here saying you got to buy a certain brand of this or that and cant prove its any better than the competition. Again, show some proof that your Lapua brass is better. I like Lapua brass and use it, but for the creed, not so much....Its just not necessary.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA