Originally Posted by slumlord
Place i worked at, had a big drain in the floor

Can’t imagine having to know what went down into that sewer

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I actually worked for a few years for a funeral home doing after hours "pick ups" and occasionally helping out at funeral services. One of the guys at the volunteer fire company I was a member of at the time was head funeral director of a large local home and knew I had dealt with plenty of death in the Corps and as an urban EMT and asked me if I wanted a part time job. Pay was pretty darn good, $100 for a private residence pick up, $75 for one from a hospital, nursing home etc. Not bad for an hour or 2 of time. We used a windowless white minivan as our "first call" pickup vehicle. Only thing that sucked was had to be onsite within an hour of receiving the call and dressed in a full suit/tie etc. To this day almost 20 years later its the only 2 suits i own lol. Also could pull a couple hundred bucks ushering and driving the limo or flower car for a funeral service.

To answer the post quoted above, yes the blood etc pumped out during the embalming process was drained right into the sewer.