I lead a different life. My jobs have been mostly in remote areas from northern Alaska to the border with Mexico and from the Atlantic to the Pacific. For nearly 60 years I have left at a moments notice not knowing if I would be back tonight or next week. It has been a fun life in that respect. I have learned a lot about what can come in useful. I carry my "go everywhere" bag in my every day drive. Wont leave home without it. Though a number of my "situations" were life threatening most were just inconveniences. So I carry my 16 pound shoulder bag with me. It consists of various tools, supplies, medicines and personal items like comb, toothbrush, soap and TP. The one item that is in every car, bag and cranny is the plain old 1 gallon zip lock freezer bag. Its uses are numerous from a canteen, waterproof bag for phone and wallet, to a throw up bag to an emergency bathroom. When you are flying in a small airplane over the remote Yukon territory, there are no landing strip when your body says it is time to rid yourself of last nights burrito. Two other things that goes is a hacksaw blade and a rectangular file. Countless uses.

Last edited by stuvwxyz; 09/22/20.