Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
Besides my "go everywhere" bag, since I live in the forest the wife and I both have a backpack with clothes and shoes in case of fires. A path has been cleared in the forest to drive through in case a fire comes from behind and a 4 wheel drive truck is gassed and aimed into the forest. Also everyone has camping gear hanging around but mine is already in backpacks. So no spending hours looking for everything, it is already ready. My wife things they got their motto "Be prepared" after they visited my house.

Sorry, didn't see that before I posted. I agree 100%.

You fellas don’t “fire wise” around your home? It’s pushed hard here.

Absolutely, I trim all trees 18' up on mature trees, pick up slash and burn every winter, remove all dead standing from my property but my neighbor 50' from my front door is the US Forest Service. They are NOT good neighbors. And no matter how well my property is trimmed , when the fire get into the tree tops nothing you do on the ground will help. When I was a firefighter it was called crowning. I drove through 2 of these burn overs with fire equipment and it is interesting how fast fire travels. When I started down the roads the fire was on one side of the road only but within seconds we were burned over with fire on both sides. Exhilarating to say the least.