Originally Posted by Poconojack

There were pics and a discussion about such a gun on this forum several years back. Don’t remember specifics, but at the very least the bolt face was opened up. BSA will probably recall the gun.

Yeah, Ken (elkhunterNM) has one. Maybe he will chime in....There may have also been another one we saw that was converted. The sad thing about when someone does this conversion is sometimes the buyer may not be aware. It totally devalues the rifle. I'm with the guys that are saying just find an H&H receiver or complete rifle to build on. Sometimes its much easier to just find the complete rifle. If you have to, buy the complete rifle and part out what you don't use. I'd much rather see that happen, then seeing what used to be a standard action converted to an H&H cartridge. And yes, there are H&H rifles out there to be had at great deals. The last one I bought was $600.00....:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The one before that cost me $499.00, because it had been rechambered to 300WBY. I love the rifle though and plan on keeping it:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA