Responding to BSA1917hunter...

You've misunderstood my post or perhaps myself unclear: Simply presenting 'another' alternative. Admitting immediately it requires weaning-away from the chambering O/P desires. The plus, not a huge cartridge ballistics difference. Also, factory ammo available!
My proposal, restated. Do some wise shopping, Find a pre '64 Model 70 in 300 Winchester Magnum. Live with its factory "similar" chambering! Admittedly, as only made in '63, the 300 WM are pricey. But notably, "investments". Change the stock if desired. The two keys: DON'T alter any metal and RETAIN the original stock intact! Shoot it as it's chambered with whatever custom stock pleases. The rifle will continue to appreciate versus any - excuse me for frankness - Bubba conversion and particularly in a Wildcat chambering! THIS WAS JUST ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE VERSUS MY JOINING THE MAJORITY BELOW with just a few notations.

The alternative, also my first thought on reading the O/Ps plan as others have also referenced: Find a pre '64 Model 70 magnum. Moreover, find one already altered. Typically, the early models without D&T bridge, such alteration removing them from pure collector interest. (Ironically, making it scope-mounting friendly IF holes properly placed!) Ergo, more reasonably priced and not desecrating a "collector piece". Then... "have your way with it!" Still, the net-net is almost certainly a depreciated rifle from point of investment costs. The positive, literally getting exactly the rifle desired at 'comparatively' lesser cost than "convert standard action" plan!

Such... My take!
Best & Stay Safe
John