Originally Posted by T_O_M

Agree ... mostly. "Stomach" ... it's not so much lack of stomach for doing what needs to be done as it is recognition of the uneven application of legal consequences. Antifa / BLM get their hands slapped and are released. They are people with nothing to lose. "We", on the other hand, would wind up getting life in prison or worse, and we have jobs and homes to lose, families that we are supposed to support that we'd be abandoning for jail. So there are constraints on us on the right which people on the left do not face. A disparity of consequences.

There's a line out there where those consequences, even unbalanced, stop mattering. I don't know where it is.

Antifa / BLM have been fairly smart most of the time so far. They are focusing on urban environments where there are lots of witnesses, mostly sympathetic to them. They have made a few excursions into smaller towns and had their asses handed back to them, outnumbered, and they've tucked tail. They are not going where there are concentrations of people who think like you do or like I do and not many sympathetic witnesses.

I'm not really looking for trouble. I don't feel like driving into Portland to start trouble. If it comes to my neighborhood, that's a different story. So far they've either overlooked the kinds of places people like me live or they have strategically avoided places where people like me live. They are cowards, but wise enough to stay where they have something of an upper hand.

Tom

It's not just the disparate consequences. You're right of course that "we" generally have obligations in the world that we can't just blow off for a month in lockup, and even more right that Democrat DAs are just plain dropping charges for their people but would make an example out of you or me, but even with the assurance of a blind eye from the powers that be and sleeping in your own bed tonight would you be out assaulting strangers and burning things? Would anyone here? The real disparity is in worldview. Conservatives more or less follow the rules even when nobody's looking. It's what makes us conservatives. Leftists live to break rules and thumb their noses at their parents. It's what makes them leftists.