Originally Posted by lonee
Originally Posted by mirage243
Can't tell you how many arguements I've gotten into with bow hunters that chastise me about hunting whitetail with a 22-250 or a 243. Dumb fuqkers they are.

if you use varmint or match bthp's in those calibers, you'll lose a lot of the wounded critters with chest hits. the match hp's don't expand and the varmint bullets fragment without much penetration. I once shot a feral dog in the throat, from the front, with Hornaday, SX 50 gr sps and a 222. It blew a 1" plus- wide hole, less than 2" deep. Anywhere else, other than the brain or maybe the neck, he'd have run off. If you hit the brain, anything works, If you use Nosler Partition sp's and hit the chest vitals, they'll go no further, often less far, than those hit in the same place with 30-30sp's, especially the 170 gr version, especially at 100m and a short barrel. The 3030's wont expand well, if at all, under those conditions. they'll only have 2100 fps to start with.

Blah, blah, blah, shut the fuqk up. I've killed literally hundreds of deer with a 22-250 @ a 243 with BTHP's and real light ballostic tips.