Originally Posted by rickt300
I like what seems like lowered muzzle blast and the accuracy also I have gotten using 3031 in virtually every round I have loaded it in. If you load it to the pressure levels it works best at is it a very clean burning powder. Seafire is 35.0 grains a max load?

Rick:, I've quit chasing max loads quite a few year ago, when a little thought dawned on me, that by raising elevation two clicks on the scope, could compensate for the trajectory, when a round is 100 to 150 fps less than max load...

35 grains is just a round number and works just fine for distances I shoot..... just checked, actually max load listed on my main Source... Steve's Reloading pages.. is 35.5...

If someone is looking for max velocity with a 100 grainer out of a 260 Rem, then I use 43.5 grains of 4064...
it yields 3350 fps out of a 22 inch Stainless barrel from a Ruger 77 Mk 2...the 26 inch barrel out of a Rem VLS, that yield 3450 fps MV...3450 on the open range with a Nosler 100 Grain Partition, is pretty impressive in the results dept...

And the recoil/ muzzle blast with 4064 is equivalent in my book to 3031...

I rationalize a lot of this more than most folks.... considering 90 % of most game is killed at 100 yds or less, and 99% is taken at 200 yds or less...if an antelope is 14 inches from breast bone to backbone, you cut that in half as your window of opportunity, that gives you a 7 inch window... any spitzer bullet regardless of caliber, if it starts with an MV of 2250 fps ( 30/30 speeds)...if zeroed 3.5 inches high at 100 yds, it should be pretty much dead on at 200 yds, and 3.5 inches low at about 240 yds. Point Blank Range... so 3350 fps MV is pretty flat shooting...

I've shot several black tails over the years with a truck hood as a rest, at 300 yds plus with 100 grain Noslers, with the scope set on 4 power... recoil was slight enough, that I never lost site picture of the deer via the scope...

kinda why I like the 260 Rem...I gather the Creed is another of the same animal in a different box......

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez