The only firearm I inherited was my Grandfathers Parker Shotgun. It is one heck of a shotgun. Two sets of barrels with correct serial numbers, ejectors and a leather leg of mutton gun case. 26" IC/mod and 30" mod/full. A hunters gun. When I got it, my dove hunting opportunities had pretty much dried up. I took it to a couple of local skeet shoots and did well with it. When my son graduated from College, I passed it on to him so that I could watch him enjoy it.

My grail rifle growing up was a Marlin 39 Carbine. My Dad didn't like the idea of a 22LR for some reason and I never got it when I was young. When I had sons that were grown and gone, I found three of the 39 Carbines over a period of years, bought them and gave each son one. They probably didn't appreciate what being able to give those rifles to them meant to me, but I hope that they will be able to pass them on to their sons one day. If I run across another 39 Carbine one day, I'm going to get it and keep it for myself...When I get it, we are going to have a family squirrel hunt and the only allowed rifle will be a Marlin 39 Carbine. Can't wait!

Harry