Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I just picked up my first 17HMR, a used, like new, Ruger American with the different comb inserts and a bunch of assorted ammo. Couple buddies have 17HMR's and really like them, I've never heard them say a bad thing about it. So when this became available I grabbed it up! It has a cheaper Bushnell scope on it that the previous owner mounted with the objective sitting on the rear site, no idea on its accuracy like that, but maybe that contributed to him selling it. I'll either drift the rear site out or get higher rings. Anyway, looking forward to sending some downrange.

If you think it's fun NOW, try putting a Burris FFII with the Ballistic Plex reticle on it. As luck would have it, the hash marks on the reticle are within an inch or so of the bullet impact all the way to 250 yards, and within 2 inches at 300. Makes shooting at distance a breeze (if the breeze isn't too strong, anyway). I did that when I got my HMR when the ammo was still hard to find. It made prairie dog shooting awfully easy.................

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.