Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Up from the way back. You guys see Midway has 224 50gr GMXs now?

On intro sale at $52/250!

Thank me later.

Hornady GMX Bullets 22 Caliber (224 Diameter) 50 Grain GMX Hollow Point

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102291900?pid=270816

Thanks for tip!

For those of you shooting cartridges like the 30-30 (single shots or bolt rifles) and .300 B/O, the .30 cal. 110 grain GMX is quite the performer and will fully expand down to around 1600 fps. The one below was launched at 2805 fps from a 24" 30-30 barrel and directed into a 219 pound boar with rather thick shields. The range was app. 202 yards.

Bullet performance was perfect. If you look at the photo, you can see where the 110 grain GMX entered on the shoulder. It severed the plumbing above the heart, wrecked the lungs, broke a rib on the way out and stopped in the hide on the far side. With a bit of "pig" still attached, it weighed 109.4 grains and measured 0.59" at its widest point.

Too bad Hornady doesn't offer this same type of design -- i.e. softer monometal bullet -- in 6.5 and 7mm 120 grain. Those who shoot moderate-velocity cartridges or some of the specialty pistols would surely benefit. For the most part, I don't care for monometals, but this particular GMX along with the 120 grain Tac-TX Blackout offering from Barnes have performed splendidly for me on a number of animals.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

As mentioned, the 120 grain Barnes in .30 cal works similarly to the 110 grain GMX. This one was recovered from another bruiser boar with a thick shield and very nearly exited as well. The MV from the 30-30 barrel was 2630 fps, and if memory serves, the range was around 165 yards.