Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
You think anyone with a .270 here on the Fire, would actually admit it..?? blush

Hmmm...

DF

Dirtfarmer;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this final Monday of January was an acceptable one for you.

So I think that I can now admit that I "once" had a .270 - at "one time" and have since had it rebarreled. blush

Anyway without looking at my hunting log, I know I shot at least 3 bucks with the 130 GMX and switched to the 130gr TTSX after a bit - partially because they shot a wee bit better and partially to see what difference there was - if any.

There was not much difference as far as I was able to ascertain from tissue damage or the one sample of each that was recovered.

[Linked Image]

I believe that the TTSX is on the right and the GMX is on the left. They both weigh very close to the same weight, again sorry I'd have to dig up the notes to get the exact weight but I don't think either one lost a grain.

The particular .270 barrel I had happened to be a slower than usual twist - 1:11 � as close as I can measure - and didn't give typical .270 velocities, so that might have some bearing on the bullet performance.

That said, if I traded into another .270 tomorrow, I'd have no hesitation whatsoever using either GMX or TTSX bullet.

Hopefully that was useful information for the OP or someone out there tonight - not that any of us would admit to using a .270..... wink

All the best to you this week Dirtfarmer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"