Originally Posted by 338Rules
I don’t know if it is our smaller market place in Western Canada, or the waves of ineffectual stupid gun laws that we endure, but the great shops like those you describe are disappearing from the retail landscape here all too steadily.
Wood floors ? I can think of one out of the way establishment in Bashaw, Ab that I make a pilgrimage to whenever I’m nearby. The amalgamation and growth of the big city lgs drove the smaller establishments under. These still weren’t competitive against the Big Box chain stores moving in, leaving a void in the retail gun shop landscape.
Oddly these small shops which are left, seldom had the lowest price to match the bigger outlets , but their proprietors remained content to turn there inventory a little slower, at a higher margin, relying on customer satisfaction and repeat business for long term survival.
I hope that these great gun shops emerge stronger, with the support of their distributors and customers.

Bashaw Sports is definitely worth the stop/trip. They carry some very interesting guns/ammo and parts.
In Medicine Hat we have The Outdoorsman, small shop with some interesting stuff. Used rack is front/centre, first place I look
when I'm there which is weekly.

I sure miss Guncraft in Calgary. That place cost me a lot of coin in the 80's!
Jeff