Originally Posted by ckat
Originally Posted by super T
I too love gun shops. When in a city for the first time, one of my must "do" is visiting the gun shops. I was in Helena in June of 2019 (fishing the Missouri at Craig)so naturally I had to visit M.D.'s Capital Sports. It was at the head of my to do list. I been in gun shops in Alaska, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and a couple European countries. One thing I've noticed is how similar they all are. And, how much in common we Loonies have.

I want to get up to MT for, if nothing else, a visit to Capital Sports after years of reading about MD’s awesome finds in there.

Just caught a whiff of the original 'Red's' pipe smoke from Red's Trading Post when I read that. Red's is still around and a decent shop (with a wood floor) but has lost the luster of the original. Finding anything interesting on the shelves is much more difficult with all the tactical and plastic stuff. Boise Gun Company was a great place, stacked to the rafters but closed up a couple years ago.

Last edited by centershot; 10/09/20.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope