I should first state that I am lucky to be in a situation where I can afford most any scope I care to purchase, BUT I did not get in that situation by wasting money. I have purchased both new and used Leupold scopes over the past 40 years, about 75 of them. Of those, I have had to send 5 back for warranty repair - 3 that were used when I bought them and arrived broken, 1 I shot loose on a 12 gauge slug gun after about 120 rounds and 1 I bent the tube on when it fell over and hit my gun safe( When I sent this last one in, it was about 30 years old - Leupold totally rebuilt it with VX 3 optics while replacing the tube at my expense - $65 !!) One used one was beyond repair and I got a call asking me to select a new model for free, yes, free. Are there better optics out there? Certainly there are but from my own experiences and now my 4 sons, Leupold is a great company to deal with and has a great product. I still have about 45 Leupold scopes on my rifles and count on them every year.

Just my two cents about an American company. Even my wife knows about Leupold and supports my purchases.