One example that really encapsulates the current situation, Steve:

Rocky Mountain Reloading is a business that is located in Idaho, which now produces several of their own style of pistol and rifle bullets. They began just selling bulk seconds, pulled bullets, and other manufacturer-rejects. This year, they've hired several new people, bought another shop, several new pieces of equipment including several new bullet making machines, and are still more than 8 weeks behind on current orders. Most people have never heard of them, and they are cranking out at full capacity now, and they are still slowly getting farther behind. The owner plans to be totally out of debt by the end of the year, even after purchasing a new building and lot, several pieces of machinery, and hiring the new full-time employees. I'd say business is indeed booming.

They make excellent pistol bullets, by the way. I used some last year in a 9mm during a grouse hunt where I grabbed the wrong long gun. I was able to shoot a grouse out of tree as far away as 60 yards (though that was the long shot of the day by a wide margin). If you'd like some bullets for next year, at an excellent price, you can buy now....

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.